CORRECT HAND WASHING
Suitable products for hand washing
1. ÁLCOOL A 70%
70% alcohol is a hydroalcoholic mixture (water in alcohol), which means that, in 100 ml of this mixture, it has 70 g of alcohol. The 70% alcohol label can be presented in the following ways:
- Ethyl alcohol70% p/p.
- Ethyl alcohol 77% p/v.
- Ethyl alcohol 70% INPM.
- Ethyl alcohol also called ethanol.
2. At home, if you have 96 ° GL ethyl alcohol, you should do the following
- Measure 200 ml of filtered water (if you don’t have a household meter, use a curd glass with a missing finger to fill it).
- Place the water in a 1-liter container with a lid.
- Cap the container and shake gently to mix the water and alcohol.
Inadecuate hand washing products
3. Domestic alcohol:
The INPM unit is used to label domestic alcohol (sold in supermarkets). Domestic alcohol is labeled in the following ways:
- Alcohol 46,2o INPM;
- Hydrated ethyl alcohol 46,2o INPM;
- Domestic alcohol has no activity on the coronavirus;
- Domestic alcohol cannot be used to prepare 70%. alcohol.
4. ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL
On the website of U.S. Environmental Protection Agency List disinfectants with activity against the coronavirus. Isopropyl alcohol or isopropanol appears in this relationship with activity against coronavirus only in a formulation associated with benzalkonium chloride. Pure isopropyl alcohol is listed on the EPA with activity only against rhinovirus.