Responsible actions that can save lives.
STEP 1: PREPARATION OF PROFESSIONALS
This step will be dedicated to the communication and training of ILPI professionals.
ACTION I: Organization of Groups:
If not, create a list in the suggested format: TEMPLATE MODEL
- Group 1: Daytime multidisciplinary team;
- Group 2: Multidisciplinary team of the night shift;
- Group 3: Kitchen, cleaning, administrative employees and other employees;
- Group 4: Supportive family members in care (frequent family members in the care and / or emotional stabilization of the elderly).
ACTION II: 30-minute meeting with each of the groups, separately:
- At this meeting, presentations should be made to raise awareness and prepare teams:
- PRESENTATION FOR GROUP 1 AND 2;
- PRESENTATION TO GROUP 3;
- PRESENTATION TO THE GROUP 4.
STEP 2: COMMUNICATED TO OLDER RESIDENTS
It is essential that not only all efforts are implemented to protect the elderly, but that the elderly have a feeling of PROTECTION and CARE. Panic and isolation are feelings to be neutralized, both by the affection and care of the teams throughout the period of restriction, and by clear and objective communication.
ACTION I: Assemble the elderly in small groups, according to their respective cognitive and mobility abilities, in a ventilated place, so that they can sit more than a meter away. As the issue will be viral contamination, even the distrust of the person next to them will be common, so the crowding is undesirable.
ACTION II: Show the suggested slides. In case the resource is not in the ILPI, it can also be printed and distributed to the elderly before the explanation begins, so that they can follow it page by page.
STEP 3: PURCHASE OF SUPPLIES
- Some materials will be necessary, especially for the protection of employees;
- In addition to purchasing the materials, training in the proper use of each protective equipment is also important, as well as the care of conservation and maintenance of non-disposable items;
- Meet with the purchasing / administrative person and request that they purchase, in the best possible condition, the recommended materials, notwithstanding the recommended specifications;
- If you are a philanthropic institution, after listing, contact the major donors to obtain the financial provision for the materials.
STEP 4: COMMUNICATED TO FAMILY MEMBERS
It is extremely important that family members are properly communicated. A well-made contact will avoid misunderstandings, will bring family members as allies in the protection of the elderly, will minimize outrage against restrictive measures, will bring a clear and practical way of guiding behaviors.
ACTION I: Create a list of phone numbers and email of the responsible family members
ACTION II: Simultaneously send emails and WhatsApp to family members:
- Request a message confirming receipt.
ACTION III: There will also be a message for the chosen family members, belonging to group 4. This will be necessary in some residences that have the active and relevant participation of a family member / guardian in the direct care of an elderly person.
STEP 5: COMMUNICATED TO SOCIETY
After all the measures have been taken, it is very important to make a formal communication to the regulatory agencies, sponsors and the society in general about the protection measures adopted by the ILPI.
ACTION I: If the ILPI has a website and / or social networks, update them with the actions actually taken.
ACTION II: Send an email to all registered contacts clarifying the measures taken, but also requesting respect for the restriction rules. It is also important to note that when the Public Health scenario proves to be safe again, further clarification will be provided.
ACTION III: Communicate to the regulatory bodies: Health Surveillance, COREN, Prosecutor’s Office, the measures effectively adopted. Certainly, these organs are in great concern and trouble. They will reinforce the feeling of institutional association when they realize the proactivity and responsibility of their ILPI.
ACTION IV: Communication to financial supporters: Supporters who are fond of and concerned with ILPI will certainly be pleased to know that efforts to protect the elderly are ongoing.